More From Ambrose Bierce
- "Politics: A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage."
- "Academe, n.: An ancient school where morality and philosophy were taught. Academy, n.: A modern school where football is taught."
- "Revolution, n. In politics, an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment."
More In Nature
- "I am deeply concerned that, without peace and a two-state solution, the Jewish and democratic nature of Israel is in danger. That’s why I have opposed Israel’s settlement policy since 1973, and that’s why I have favored a two-state solution since 1967."― Alan Dershowitz
- "Love of man for woman – love of woman for man. That’s the nature, the meaning, the best of life itself."― Zane Grey
- "Nature is commonplace. Imitation is more interesting."― Gertrude Stein