More From Ambrose Bierce
- "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
- "Education, n.: That which discloses to the wise and disguises from the foolish their lack of understanding."
- "Liberty: One of Imagination’s most precious possessions."
More In Nature
- "A sense that with the blessings that God bestowed upon this land, came the responsibility to make the world a better place."― Marco Rubio
- "Nature makes woman to be won and men to win."― George William Curtis
- "Nature has never read the Declaration of Independence. It continues to make us unequal."― Will Durant