More From Ambrose Bierce
- "Jealous, adj. Unduly concerned about the preservation of that which can be lost only if not worth keeping."
- "Irreligion – the principal one of the great faiths of the world."
- "We submit to the majority because we have to. But we are not compelled to call our attitude of subjection a posture of respect."
More In Patience
- "You must first have a lot of patience to learn to have patience."― Stanislaw Lec
- "Patience makes a women beautiful in middle age."― Elliot Paul
- "Regardless of age, regardless of position, regardless of the business we happen to be in, all of us need to understand the importance of branding. We are CEOs of our own companies: Me, Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called You."― Tom Peters