More From Alvin Toffler
- "My wife and I, unlike many intellectuals, spent five years working on assembly lines. We came to fully understand the criticisms of the industrial age, in which you are an appendage of a machine that sets the pace."
- "Future shock is the shattering stress and disorientation that we induce in individuals by subjecting them to too much change in too short a time."
- "You can use all the quantitative data you can get, but you still have to distrust it and use your own intelligence and judgment."
More In Change
- "Major success feels a bit like a coronation. Like I’d become a king. I was one of the most famous people in the world, loved and hated in equal measure. I couldn’t see anything bad with it. It made me a happy person."― Larry Hagman
- "As a novelist, you could say that I am dreaming while I am awake, and every day I can continue with yesterday’s dream. Because it is a dream, there are so many contradictions and I have to adjust them to make the story work. But, in principle, the original dream does not change."― Haruki Murakami
- "What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality."― Plutarch