More From Alva Myrdal
- "The longing for peace is rooted in the hearts of all men. But the striving, which at present has become so insistent, cannot lay claim to such an ambition as leading the way to eternal peace, or solving all disputes among nations."
- "It does not just happen. It is disclosed by science that practically one-half of trained intellectual resources are being mobilized for murderous purposes."
- "The inventions and the great discoveries have opened up whole continents to reciprocal communication and interchange, provided we are willing."
More In Age
- "If you read back in the Bible, the letter of the apostle Paul to the church of Thessalonia, he said that in the latter days before the end of the age that the Earth would be caught up in what he called the birth pangs of a new order."― Pat Robertson
- "I happen to be interested in watching a face age. I like faces of women aging so it makes me personally quite sad. That’s a beautiful gift from God. If people don’t want to see that anymore then I won’t be in anymore movies."― Debra Winger
- "I first learned that there were black people living in some place called other than the United States in the western hemisphere when I was a very little boy, and my father told me that when he was a boy about my age, he wanted to be an Episcopal priest, because he so admired his priest, a black man from someplace called Haiti."― Henry Louis Gates