More From Alton Brown
- "I kept thinking, ‘Somebody has to make a food show that is actually educational and entertaining at the same time… a show that got down to the ‘why things happen.’ Plus, I hated my job – I didn’t think it was very worthwhile."
- "Everything in food is science. The only subjective part is when you eat it."
- "I like television. I still believe that television is the most powerful form of communication on Earth – I just hate what is being done with it."
More In Food
- "In the business world today, failure is apparently not an option. We need to change this attitude toward failure – and celebrate the idea that only by falling on our collective business faces do we learn enough to succeed down the road."― Naveen Jain
- "Furthermore I will just have to see what the future will bring me. But a change of food whets the appetite."― Jonathan Brandis
- "Corn is an efficient way to get energy calories off the land and soybeans are an efficient way of getting protein off the land, so we’ve designed a food system that produces a lot of cheap corn and soybeans resulting in a lot of cheap fast food."― Michael Pollan