More From Alphonsus Liguori
- "Ask those who love Him with a sincere love, and they will tell you that they find no greater or prompter relief amid the troubles of their life than in loving conversation with their Divine Friend."
- "With such thoughts in your mind, now that you have resolved to love Him and please Him with all your strength, your only fear should be to fear God too much and to place too little confidence in Him."
- "Who is there that ever receives a gift and tries to make bargains about it? Let us, then, return thanks for what He has bestowed on us. Who can tell whether, if we had had a larger share of ability or stronger health, we should not have possessed them to our destruction."
More In God
- "God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant and the cat. He has no real style, He just goes on trying other things."― Pablo Picasso
- "He who builds a masjid in the way of Allah, God will build a house for him in the paradise."― Abu Bakr
- "Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful."― John Wooden