More From Alphonsus Liguori
- "With such thoughts in your mind, now that you have resolved to love Him and please Him with all your strength, your only fear should be to fear God too much and to place too little confidence in Him."
- "Ask those who love Him with a sincere love, and they will tell you that they find no greater or prompter relief amid the troubles of their life than in loving conversation with their Divine Friend."
- "Just as a mother finds pleasure in taking her little child on her lap, there to feed and caress him, in like manner our loving God shows His fondness for His beloved souls who have given themselves entirely to Him and have placed all their hope in His goodness."
More In God
- "Your idol is shattered in the dust to prove that God’s dust is greater than your idol."― Rabindranath Tagore
- "Knowledge of God’s Word is a bulwark against deception, temptation, accusation, even persecution."― Edwin Louis Cole
- "People in general are equally horrified at hearing the Christian religion doubted, and at seeing it practiced."― Samuel Butler