More From Alphonsus Liguori
- "Ask those who love Him with a sincere love, and they will tell you that they find no greater or prompter relief amid the troubles of their life than in loving conversation with their Divine Friend."
- "Who is there that ever receives a gift and tries to make bargains about it? Let us, then, return thanks for what He has bestowed on us. Who can tell whether, if we had had a larger share of ability or stronger health, we should not have possessed them to our destruction."
- "Your God is ever beside you – indeed, He is even within you."
More In Strength
- "There are simply more young people than there ever were. You get this feeling of strength. Also, large numbers can be a drawback, making it difficult to lose one’s anonymity."― John Knowles
- "I may be alone in this, but I do sense the power of film, in that movies have the ability to literally change people’s minds. That’s pretty powerful stuff when you consider that."― Nicolas Cage
- "And when a woman’s will is as strong as the man’s who wants to govern her, half her strength must be concealment."― George Eliot