More From Alphonsus Liguori
- "Just as a mother finds pleasure in taking her little child on her lap, there to feed and caress him, in like manner our loving God shows His fondness for His beloved souls who have given themselves entirely to Him and have placed all their hope in His goodness."
- "Who is there that ever receives a gift and tries to make bargains about it? Let us, then, return thanks for what He has bestowed on us. Who can tell whether, if we had had a larger share of ability or stronger health, we should not have possessed them to our destruction."
- "Assuredly, Loving Souls, you should go to God with all humility and respect, humbling yourselves in His presence, especially when you remember your past ingratitude and sins."
More In Strength
- "I get curious about new things. My real strength is going into a field that has not been investigated before, and finding new approaches to it."― Joshua Lederberg
- "All species capable of grasping this fact manage better in the struggle for existence than those which rely upon their own strength alone: the wolf, which hunts in a pack, has a greater chance of survival than the lion, which hunts alone."― Christian Lous Lange
- "The strength in our third-quarter financial results is cause for excitement. I’m particularly pleased that we continue to demonstrate impressive growth at the same time we are engaged in important merger discussions."― Bernard Ebbers