More From Alphonsus Liguori
- "Assuredly, Loving Souls, you should go to God with all humility and respect, humbling yourselves in His presence, especially when you remember your past ingratitude and sins."
- "Who is there that ever receives a gift and tries to make bargains about it? Let us, then, return thanks for what He has bestowed on us. Who can tell whether, if we had had a larger share of ability or stronger health, we should not have possessed them to our destruction."
- "Ask those who love Him with a sincere love, and they will tell you that they find no greater or prompter relief amid the troubles of their life than in loving conversation with their Divine Friend."
More In Strength
- "The people I used to have around me from Nashville was showing love to the Cash Money clique on the strength of Buck trying to make it; making sure Buck gets to where he gots to go."― Young Buck
- "He knows not his own strength that hath not met adversity."― Cesare Pavese
- "I’ve always overworked in the weight room. I love working with weights. I knew they’d give me the strength I needed."― Florence Griffith Joyner