More From Alphonse Karr
- "Love in marriage should be the accomplishment of a beautiful dream, and not, as it too often is, the end."
- "If men knew all that women think, they would be twenty times more audacious."
- "Love is the most terrible, and also the most generous of the passions; it is the only one which includes in its dreams the happiness of someone else."
More In Thankful
- "All I ever wanted really, and continue to want out of life, is to give 100 percent to whatever I’m doing and to be committed to whatever I’m doing and then let the results speak for themselves. Also to never take myself or people for granted and always be thankful and grateful to the people who helped me."― Jackie Joyner-Kersee
- "It’s been a fascinating thing because we didn’t really know how to write when we started South Park at all. It’s been like, we’ve just sort of grown up a bit and it’s amazing to just see how, if you take Butters and Cartman and put them in any scene, it works."― Trey Parker
- "Maybe I’m genetically more inclined to music – but the music I make is so far removed from Indian classical music. I grew up in Texas!"― Norah Jones