More From Alphonse Karr
- "Love in marriage should be the accomplishment of a beautiful dream, and not, as it too often is, the end."
- "Love is the most terrible, and also the most generous of the passions; it is the only one which includes in its dreams the happiness of someone else."
- "Happiness is composed of misfortunes avoided."
More In Thankful
- "I’m thankful for my songs being at the top of the charts but I am human – I think people still have to remember that."― Delta Goodrem
- "I am thankful I can see much to admire in all religions."― Alfred Russel Wallace
- "As a child, I didn’t know what I didn’t have. I’m thankful for the challenges early on in my life because now I have a perspective on the world and kind of know what’s important."― America Ferrera