More From Alphonse Karr
- "Love is the most terrible, and also the most generous of the passions; it is the only one which includes in its dreams the happiness of someone else."
- "If men knew all that women think, they would be twenty times more audacious."
- "Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses."
More In Marriage
- "The old welfare system was hurting people by discouraging work and marriage. Welfare reform, and now this legislation, will build on the understanding that work and strong families are the foundation upon which we build our future."― Jim Talent
- "Marriage is like a cage; one sees the birds outside desperate to get in, and those inside equally desperate to get out."― Michel de Montaigne
- "I rise today in support of Bill C-38, the Civil Marriage Act. I rise in support of a Canada in which liberties are safeguarded, rights are protected and the people of this land are treated as equals under the law."― Paul Martin