More From Alice Walker
- "Well, I think indigenous peoples have ways of living on the Earth that they’ve had forever. And they’ve been overrun by organized religion, which has had a lot of money and power."
- "How simple a thing it seems to me that to know ourselves as we are, we must know our mothers names."
- "In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they’re still beautiful."
More In Power
- "If you look at U.S. history through religious history, there is very much a motif that shows the importance religion has played in the U.S. We’re a very religious country and it affects the way we look at various political issues."― Madeleine Albright
- "There is that in the glance of a flower which may at times control the greatest of creation’s braggart lords."― John Muir
- "I, for one, am quite willing to join the ‘forgive, forget and move on’ crowd, but it does make me wonder if Evangelicals are going to sound believable when they say that they tend to vote Republican because of their religious commitments to the family."― Tony Campolo