More From Alice Walker
- "Deliver me from writers who say the way they live doesn’t matter. I’m not sure a bad person can write a good book, If art doesn’t make us better, then what on earth is it for."
- "How simple a thing it seems to me that to know ourselves as we are, we must know our mothers names."
- "All partisan movements add to the fullness of our understanding of society as a whole. They never detract; or, in any case, one must not allow them to do so. Experience adds to experience."
More In Power
- "The only real power comes out of a long rifle."― Joseph Stalin
- "Clairvoyant, n.: A person, commonly a woman, who has the power of seeing that which is invisible to her patron – namely, that he is a blockhead."― Ambrose Bierce
- "The power to tax and spend is restricted by the enumerated powers."― Rand Paul