More From Alice Walker
- "I can be almost terminally grief-stricken because things are so dire, but at the same time, there’s a real lightheartedness about just the recoverability of life, of how things change, how they’re not the same, ever again."
- "Never be the only one, except, possibly, in your own home."
- "No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow."
More In Power
- "Thankfully, beauty is easier to remove than apply, and a swipe of demaquillage in the right direction and you are you once again."― Margaret Cho
- "He who steals a little steals with the same wish as he who steals much, but with less power."― Plato
- "The only power deserving the name is that of masses, and of governments while they make themselves the organ of the tendencies and instincts of masses."― John Stuart Mill