More From Alice Meynell
- "Our fathers valued change for the sake of its results; we value it in the act."
- "The sense of humor has other things to do than to make itself conspicuous in the act of laughter."
- "Spirit of place! It is for this we travel, to surprise its subtlety; and where it is a strong and dominant angel, that place, seen once, abides entire in the memory with all its own accidents, its habits, its breath, its name."
More In Happiness
- "We need fundamental change. In the past, national development led to people’s happiness but now the link between national growth and improvement in people’s lives has been severed."― Park Geun-hye
- "Happiness exists on earth, and it is won through prudent exercise of reason, knowledge of the harmony of the universe, and constant practice of generosity."― Jose Marti
- "So many people have said that to me, that what they really like about Alex is what she brings out in Marissa, and what this situation brings out in her, a hint of happiness and another side to her character."― Olivia Wilde