More From Alice Meynell
- "The sense of humor has other things to do than to make itself conspicuous in the act of laughter."
- "Our fathers valued change for the sake of its results; we value it in the act."
- "Spirit of place! It is for this we travel, to surprise its subtlety; and where it is a strong and dominant angel, that place, seen once, abides entire in the memory with all its own accidents, its habits, its breath, its name."
More In Happiness
- "Lyrically I like to use themes that make the listener use his or her imagination, and to give a little of the lessons I’ve learned in my own life."― Ronnie James Dio
- "True happiness… is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose."― Helen Keller
- "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."― Ernest Hemingway