More From Alice Meynell
- "Our fathers valued change for the sake of its results; we value it in the act."
- "Spirit of place! It is for this we travel, to surprise its subtlety; and where it is a strong and dominant angel, that place, seen once, abides entire in the memory with all its own accidents, its habits, its breath, its name."
- "The sense of humor has other things to do than to make itself conspicuous in the act of laughter."
More In Happiness
- "My home town is very small and very remote and we don’t have a movie house."― Tommy Lee Jones
- "Happiness is a ball after which we run wherever it rolls, and we push it with our feet when it stops."― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "Life in common among people who love each other is the ideal of happiness."― George Sand