More From Alice Duer Miller
- "Don’t ever dare to take your college as a matter of course – because, like democracy and freedom, many people you’ll never know have broken their hearts to get it for you."
- "If it’s very painful for you to criticize your friends – you’re safe in doing it. But if you take the slightest pleasure in it, that’s the time to hold your tongue."
More In Anger
- "Don’t get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects."― Richard M. Nixon
- "My mother was told she couldn’t go to medical school because she was a woman and a Jew. So she became a teacher in the New York City public school system."― Marilyn Hacker
- "My anger with the US was not at first, that they had used that weapon – although that anger came later."― Wilfred Burchett