More From Alfred Austin
- "There is no gardening without humility. Nature is constantly sending even its oldest scholars to the bottom of the class for some egregious blunder."
- "Exclusiveness in a garden is a mistake as great as it is in society."
- "The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just on the body, but the soul."
More In Wisdom
- "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."― George Bernard Shaw
- "My mom calls me an older soul because, growing up, she taught me stuff real early. Now I spend most of my time chasing wisdom, chasing understanding."― Ray Lewis
- "The difference between chirping out of turn and a faux pas depends on what kind of a bar you’re in."― Wilson Mizner