More From Alexis de Tocqueville
- "History is a gallery of pictures in which there are few originals and many copies."
- "I know of no country in which there is so little independence of mind and real freedom of discussion as in America."
- "In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it."
More In Health
- "I feel pretty good. My body actually looks like an old banana, but it’s fine."― Mike Piazza
- "Raising taxes is the last thing we should do amid the weakest economic recovery since World War II. Unfortunately, even if we avoid the full ‘Taxmageddon’ scenario, President Obama’s health care law also contains a new surtax on investment that will take effect in 2013."― John Cornyn
- "Why do we have 47 million people without health care? Because America has become about ‘me’. What’s happened to ‘we’ as a people? I believe in that and that resonates to most people."― Carl Lewis