More From Alexis Carrel
- "Religion brings to man an inner strength, spiritual light, and ineffable peace."
- "The love of beauty in its multiple forms is the noblest gift of the human cerebrum."
- "Science has to be understood in its broadest sense, as a method for comprehending all observable reality, and not merely as an instrument for acquiring specialized knowledge."
More In Society
- "If we wish to preserve a free society, it is essential that we recognize that the desirability of a particular object is not sufficient justification for the use of coercion."― Friedrich August von Hayek
- "Nothing seems at first sight less important than the outward form of human actions, yet there is nothing upon which men set more store: they grow used to everything except to living in a society which has not their own manners."― Alexis de Tocqueville
- "I have an intense dislike for artificial society. In France, one could lead a free life – to do what one wanted to do without interference or criticism from one’s neighbors."― Robert W. Service