More From Alexis Carrel
- "Like hatred, jealousy is forbidden by the laws of life because it is essentially destructive."
- "Those who desire to rise as high as our human condition allows, must renounce intellectual pride, the omnipotence of clear thinking, belief in the absolute power of logic."
- "The love of beauty in its multiple forms is the noblest gift of the human cerebrum."
More In Society
- "Terms like that, “Humane Society,” are devised with people like me in mind, who don’t care to dwell on what happens to the innocent."― Barbara Kingsolver
- "Some people strengthen the society just by being the kind of people they are."― John W. Gardner
- "Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."― Madeleine Albright