More From Alexander Pope
- "A person who is too nice an observer of the business of the crowd, like one who is too curious in observing the labor of bees, will often be stung for his curiosity."
- "No woman ever hates a man for being in love with her, but many a woman hate a man for being a friend to her."
- "Slave to no sect, who takes no private road, But looks through Nature up to Nature’s God."
More In God
- "To work without attachment is to work without the expectation of reward or fear of any punishment in this world or the next. Work so done is a means to the end, and God is the end."― Ramakrishna
- "I used to read five psalms every day – that teaches me how to get along with God. Then I read a chapter of Proverbs every day and that teaches me how to get along with my fellow man."― Billy Graham
- "Dreaming of a tomorrow, which tomorrow, will be as distant then as ’tis today."― Lope de Vega