More From Alexander Payne
- "I don’t feel despair because I am able to make the films I want to make, and that gives me hope."
- "Hollywood films have become a cesspool of formula and it’s up to us to try to change it… I feel like a preacher! But it’s really true. I feel personally responsible for the future of American cinema. Me personally."
- "Joe E. Lewis said, ‘Money doesn’t buy happiness but it calms the nerves.’ And that is how I feel about a film being well-received."
More In Positive
- "I mean, I’m married first of all to one of, if not the most wonderful women in the world. She is everything – funny, attractive, hard-working, she has integrity, she loves me to bits."― Seal
- "By doing something positive in this world, you’re helping people and the future. We’re all trying to help the world… make it a better place to live. We’re actually still changing the world, aren’t we?"― Rick Danko
- "I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art."― Khalil Gibran