More From Alexander Payne
- "You just never know when you’re living in a golden age."
- "Even if we die at 100, we’re still dying young. I want at least 700 years. There’s a lot of travelling and books to read and movies to see. I’m not going to squeeze it all in in 85 years."
- "Hollywood films have become a cesspool of formula and it’s up to us to try to change it… I feel like a preacher! But it’s really true. I feel personally responsible for the future of American cinema. Me personally."
More In Movies
- "It’s the business of movies, it’s the fights that go along with the level of budget, and more than anything, it’s the creative constipation of having to live with one idea for two or three years. It’s just not that fun."― Matt Stone
- "The irony is that you can’t use real rain to make movies."― Greg Kinnear
- "I feel connected to the Second World War because my father lost his father in that war. So, through my dad and the effect it had on him of losing his father young, I always felt connected to the war. It goes back years, but it still feels to me as if we’re completely living in it."― Tom Hooper