More From Alexander Payne
- "I guess maybe I try to make movies that are closer to real life than are many Hollywood movies. But I still try to stay within a commercial narrative, a contemporary American vernacular."
- "I don’t feel despair because I am able to make the films I want to make, and that gives me hope."
- "I get asked, ‘How can you have such failures in your films?’ Well, what else is life about? There’s some sense of constant failure in something. Humor gives you a distance from it."
More In Movies
- "When you kill somebody in the movies, it matters, whereas in literature it can be allegorical."― Barbet Schroeder
- "Some movies get rushed out right after you make them and I’m not always happy with that."― Aaron Eckhart
- "Basically, there’s not enough sex in movies, that’s it. I’m trying to say it, people. I miss sex in movies because sex is natural, guns are not."― Zoe Saldana