More From Alexander Payne
- "You just never know when you’re living in a golden age."
- "Even if we die at 100, we’re still dying young. I want at least 700 years. There’s a lot of travelling and books to read and movies to see. I’m not going to squeeze it all in in 85 years."
- "I guess maybe I try to make movies that are closer to real life than are many Hollywood movies. But I still try to stay within a commercial narrative, a contemporary American vernacular."
More In Movies
- "All my movies got screwed up because of my personality."― Harvey Weinstein
- "I’m just happy to be a film where for once I don’t have to worry about my hair, because my managers are always complaining about my hair looking depressing in my movies. Which is true. I mean, it’s true."― Emily Mortimer
- "I actually think I have an audience member’s sensibility about going to the movies."― Samuel L. Jackson