More From Alexander Payne
- "I don’t feel despair because I am able to make the films I want to make, and that gives me hope."
- "Hollywood films have become a cesspool of formula and it’s up to us to try to change it… I feel like a preacher! But it’s really true. I feel personally responsible for the future of American cinema. Me personally."
- "When you’re a houseguest and you leave, it’s nice to straighten something up or send your hosts a useful gift. And when you leave the planet, it’s nice to have made a positive contribution."
More In Happiness
- "The happiness of most people is not ruined by great catastrophes or fatal errors, but by the repetition of slowly destructive little things."― Ernest Dimnet
- "The British do not expect happiness. I had the impression, all the time that I lived there, that they do not want to be happy; they want to be right."― Quentin Crisp
- "The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us."― Ashley Montagu