More From Alexander Payne
- "Hollywood films have become a cesspool of formula and it’s up to us to try to change it… I feel like a preacher! But it’s really true. I feel personally responsible for the future of American cinema. Me personally."
- "I guess maybe I try to make movies that are closer to real life than are many Hollywood movies. But I still try to stay within a commercial narrative, a contemporary American vernacular."
- "Even if we die at 100, we’re still dying young. I want at least 700 years. There’s a lot of travelling and books to read and movies to see. I’m not going to squeeze it all in in 85 years."
More In Happiness
- "One mustn’t ask apple trees for oranges, France for sun, women for love, life for happiness."― Gustave Flaubert
- "We possess only the happiness we are able to understand."― Maurice Maeterlinck
- "I have to keep reminding myself: If you give your life to God, he doesn’t promise you happiness and that everything will go well. But he does promise you peace. You can have peace and joy, even in bad circumstances."― Patricia Heaton