More From Alexander Payne
- "Joe E. Lewis said, ‘Money doesn’t buy happiness but it calms the nerves.’ And that is how I feel about a film being well-received."
- "Each one of my movies becomes easier to get off the ground."
- "The novel succeeds on terms exclusive to literature. A good film succeeds on terms exclusive to the cinema. That’s why so many bad novels can become good movies, like ‘Jaws’ or ‘The Godfather.’"
More In Movies
- "I had the standard movie geek childhood, because for as long as I can remember, all I wanted to do was make movies."― Paul Thomas Anderson
- "Awards were made in Hollywood, in whatever the time it was created. They’re to promote each other’s movies. You give me an award, I give you an award and people will believe that we are great movies and they’ll go to see them. It’s still the same."― Javier Bardem
- "The ultimate end of education is happiness or a good human life, a life enriched by the possession of every kind of good, by the enjoyment of every type of satisfaction."― Mortimer Adler