More From Alexander Payne
- "I don’t feel despair because I am able to make the films I want to make, and that gives me hope."
- "Joe E. Lewis said, ‘Money doesn’t buy happiness but it calms the nerves.’ And that is how I feel about a film being well-received."
- "When you’re a houseguest and you leave, it’s nice to straighten something up or send your hosts a useful gift. And when you leave the planet, it’s nice to have made a positive contribution."
More In Movies
- "The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder."― Alfred Hitchcock
- "When you’re making movies you’ve got to get obsessive."― Daniel Craig
- "One of my movies was called “True Lies.” It’s what the Democrats should have called their convention."― Arnold Schwarzenegger