More From Alexander Payne
- "I guess maybe I try to make movies that are closer to real life than are many Hollywood movies. But I still try to stay within a commercial narrative, a contemporary American vernacular."
- "Anytime you cast a movie and you need someone famous in the lead part, you’re a prisoner of whoever happens to be famous in the six-month window in which you’re trying to get a film financed."
- "Each one of my movies becomes easier to get off the ground."
More In Hope
- "A nickname is the heaviest stone that the devil can throw at a man. It is a bugbear to the imagination, and, though we do not believe in it, it still haunts our apprehensions."― William Hazlitt
- "I remember thinking, That’s what I need – and that hope was in Jesus Christ."― Willie Aames
- "I don’t know how many good books I still have in me; I hope there are another four or five."― Haruki Murakami