More From Alexander Payne
- "Joe E. Lewis said, ‘Money doesn’t buy happiness but it calms the nerves.’ And that is how I feel about a film being well-received."
- "I guess maybe I try to make movies that are closer to real life than are many Hollywood movies. But I still try to stay within a commercial narrative, a contemporary American vernacular."
- "I get asked, ‘How can you have such failures in your films?’ Well, what else is life about? There’s some sense of constant failure in something. Humor gives you a distance from it."
More In Hope
- "See, my hope and dream is that people have a good time watching basketball. It’s not church. It’s not serious."― Charles Barkley
- "When you’re working on a movie you always hope that people will go for it and enjoy what you’re doing."― Rick Baker
- "You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand."― Woodrow Wilson