More From Alexander Payne
- "You just never know when you’re living in a golden age."
- "I don’t feel despair because I am able to make the films I want to make, and that gives me hope."
- "Anytime you cast a movie and you need someone famous in the lead part, you’re a prisoner of whoever happens to be famous in the six-month window in which you’re trying to get a film financed."
More In Movies
- "I’m really proud of ‘Moneyball.’ To me, it’s about feeling pride in a movie I made. I think when I’m an old man I’ll be able to show it to my grandkids with pride. That’s all I can really go for: making movies to please me."― Jonah Hill
- "I guess you could say I’ve been in my share of violent movies."― Daniel Craig
- "I had a couple of movies that I was passionately involved with that I could never get made. ‘Richard Pryor,’ I wrote for – gosh – over a year. That was close to getting made for two-and-a-half years after that. We’re still pushing it, you know. It is weird. Suddenly you wake up and it’s like, ‘God, five years have gone by.’"― Bill Condon