More From Alexander Payne
- "I don’t feel despair because I am able to make the films I want to make, and that gives me hope."
- "Even if we die at 100, we’re still dying young. I want at least 700 years. There’s a lot of travelling and books to read and movies to see. I’m not going to squeeze it all in in 85 years."
- "When you’re a houseguest and you leave, it’s nice to straighten something up or send your hosts a useful gift. And when you leave the planet, it’s nice to have made a positive contribution."
More In Famous
- "Over the past few years, the road to confrontation has shown its consequences: loss of innocent lives, destruction and fear. Most costly, however, was the loss of hope. The most precious gift that you can present to your peoples over the coming weeks is renewed hope born out of tangible progress on the ground."― King Abdullah II
- "The worst thing about being famous is the invasion of your privacy."― Justin Timberlake
- "Fate is being kind to me. Fate doesn’t want me to be too famous too young."― Duke Ellington