More From Alexander Payne
- "I get asked, ‘How can you have such failures in your films?’ Well, what else is life about? There’s some sense of constant failure in something. Humor gives you a distance from it."
- "Joe E. Lewis said, ‘Money doesn’t buy happiness but it calms the nerves.’ And that is how I feel about a film being well-received."
- "You just never know when you’re living in a golden age."
More In Famous
- "I’ve definitely, you know, been with women. And I’ve had great relationships with them where I was definitely in love. It’s just I grew to a point where deep inside I knew that I could never truly have a relationship with a woman. I don’t know if they ever suspected. It was never brought up."― Lance Bass
- "We must always emphasize research and development of science and mathematics, and I can think of no better way to achieve this than through our future in space."― Nick Lampson
- "I certainly don’t think you need to be famous to want to leave a legacy, but when you are famous, it’s even more likely that your child will get the wrong perspective on your life if you die prematurely."― Shania Twain