More From Alexander Hamilton
- "The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased."
- "In politics, as in religion, it is equally absurd to aim at making proselytes by fire and sword. Heresies in either can rarely be cured by persecution."
- "Learn to think continentally."
More In Power
- "I love Sufism as I love beautiful poetry, but it is not the answer. Sufism is like a mirage in the desert. It says to you, come and sit, relax and enjoy yourself for a while."― Naguib Mahfouz
- "To give aid to every poor man is far beyond the reach and power of every man. Care of the poor is incumbent on society as a whole."― Baruch Spinoza
- "Major North has had for years complete power over these Indians and can do more with them than any man living."― Buffalo Bill