More From Aldrich Ames
- "Espionage, for the most part, involves finding a person who knows something or has something that you can induce them secretly to give to you. That almost always involves a betrayal of trust."
- "We had periodic crises in this country when the technical intelligence didn’t support the policy. We had the bomber gap, the missile gap."
- "I found that our Soviet espionage efforts had virtually never, or had very seldom, produced any worthwhile political or economic intelligence on the Soviet Union."
More In Trust
- "I wish my parents hadn’t made me feel that how I looked was linked to how much they loved me. But I do also see how hard it must be to see your child pile on the pounds and trust they’ll find their own way back to a healthy weight."― Arabella Weir
- "The key is to get to know people and trust them to be who they are. Instead, we trust people to be who we want them to be – and when they’re not, we cry."― David Duchovny
- "Someone who thinks the world is always cheating him is right. He is missing that wonderful feeling of trust in someone or something."― Eric Hoffer