More From Aldrich Ames
- "Our Soviet espionage efforts had virtually never, or had very seldom, produced any worthwhile political or economic intelligence on the Soviet Union."
- "In my professional work with the Agency, by the late ’70s, I had come to question the value of a great deal of what we were doing, in terms of the intelligence agency’s impact on American policy."
- "Foreign Ministry guys don’t become agents. Party officials, the Foreign Ministry nerds, tend not to volunteer to Western intelligence agencies."
More In Trust
- "I don’t trust that many people. Just my mother and my wife and a couple of friends. When I trust people, it doesn’t end well."― Gary Sheffield
- "The first year I started in San Francisco, there was an American work on every program and there’s been a lot of music by living composers and gradually that was part of the process of getting the audience really to trust me."― Michael Tilson Thomas
- "I think it’s a style of acting that you trust. You trust the instincts."― Jeff Daniels