More From Aldous Huxley
- "The worst enemy of life, freedom and the common decencies is total anarchy; their second worst enemy is total efficiency."
- "I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself."
- "All gods are homemade, and it is we who pull their strings, and so, give them the power to pull ours."
More In Science
- "The radical novelty of modern science lies precisely in the rejection of the belief… that the forces which move the stars and atoms are contingent upon the preferences of the human heart."― Walter Lippmann
- "It is the function of science to discover the existence of a general reign of order in nature and to find the causes governing this order. And this refers in equal measure to the relations of man – social and political – and to the entire universe as a whole."― Dmitri Mendeleev
- "I’m not so interested any more in how a great deal of science fiction goes. It goes into things like Star Wars and Star Trek which all go excellent in their own way."― Robert Sheckley