More From Albert Schweitzer
- "Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace."
- "A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up."
- "The willow which bends to the tempest, often escapes better than the oak which resists it; and so in great calamities, it sometimes happens that light and frivolous spirits recover their elasticity and presence of mind sooner than those of a loftier character."
More In Experience
- "To injure an opponent is to injure yourself. To control aggression without inflicting injury in the Art of Peace."― Morihei Ueshiba
- "We certainly want those at the top to do well, but if you base your entire presidency and your entire economic platform on helping them do even better, you’re missing what makes the economy tick. Because not everyone has been as fortunate as Mitt Romney, you cannot base your whole approach on a life experience as rarified as his."― Charles Schumer
- "Being an actor means asking people to look at you. I guess I accept that. But it’s a profession in which the job is to show another world and other people. You may access it through bits of yourself, and your imagination and experience, but actually, in the end, you’re not playing yourself."― Ralph Fiennes