More From Albert Camus
- "Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time."
- "Truly fertile Music, the only kind that will move us, that we shall truly appreciate, will be a Music conducive to Dream, which banishes all reason and analysis. One must not wish first to understand and then to feel. Art does not tolerate Reason."
- "All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning. Great works are often born on a street corner or in a restaurant’s revolving door."
More In Experience
- "It is important to expect nothing, to take every experience, including the negative ones, as merely steps on the path, and to proceed."― Ram Dass
- "The historian must have some conception of how men who are not historians behave. Otherwise he will move in a world of the dead. He can only gain that conception through personal experience, and he can only use his personal experiences when he is a genius."― E. M. Forster
- "People have perhaps gotten to the point where for the most part movies are a just bit of escape."― Neil LaBute