More From Alanis Morissette
- "For four to six months at a time, I would barely eat. I lived on a diet of Melba toast, carrots, and black coffee."
- "When someone says that I’m angry it’s actually a compliment. I have not always been direct with my anger in my relationships, which is part of why I’d write about it in my songs because I had such fear around expressing anger as a woman."
- "I’m excited about there being more of a sisterhood these days. Back in the ’90s there was a lot of hate – the women I looked up to as artists were dissing me! It’s not so patriarchal these days – there’s more love and a lot less hate!"
More In Power
- "The world itself is the will to power – and nothing else! And you yourself are the will to power – and nothing else!"― Friedrich Nietzsche
- "This revolution, the information revoultion, is a revolution of free energy as well, but of another kind: free intellectual energy. It’s very crude today, yet our Macintosh computer takes less power than a 100-watt bulb to run it and it can save you hours a day. What will it be able to do ten or 20 years from now, or 50 years from now?"― Steve Jobs
- "Power can be taken, but not given. The process of the taking is empowerment in itself."― Gloria Steinem