More From Alanis Morissette
- "Ageism works in both directions. As a teenager in the public eye, people would talk condescendingly to me. When you get older there’s this feeling that you have to start carving up your face and body. Right now I’m in the middle ground – I think women in their thirties are taken seriously."
- "Making a movie requires 20 to 500 people to make and a lot of money and the stakes are a lot higher."
- "Over the last couple of years, I’ve really worked toward balancing my life out more, having a little bit more time with friends, family and my boyfriend. There was a period of time when they were way down the list. It was all about music and touring and if everything fell by the wayside, so be it."
More In Power
- "It’s the continuation of everyone’s childhood to see these young children who grow up full of life, full of intelligence, full of a sense of wonder. And within an instant they’re gone from this world. It’s terrible."― Lucien Bouchard
- "There are two ways of attaining an important end, force and perseverance; the silent power of the latter grows irresistible with time."― Sophie Swetchine
- "Every now and then, I have blissful moments of thanking God for all the amazing things that are happening. When I leave the White House after just meeting Obama or when I see my face on the cover of ‘Rolling Stone’ or when I meet someone who tells me that their daughter is inspired by me, those are moments that are incredibly joyful."― Lea Michele