More From Alanis Morissette
- "In LA, where I live, it’s all about perfectionism. Beauty is now defined by your bones sticking out of your decolletage. For that to be the standard is really perilous for women."
- "When I’m off the road, my husband and I recharge our batteries. It’s a day of deep rest and connection with the spiritual, and that can be anything – going for a walk in nature, being in silence, burning incense."
- "I saw music as a way to entertain people and take them away from their daily lives and put smiles on their faces, as opposed to what I see it being now, which is a way for me to actually communicate, and a way for me to tap into my subconscious."
More In Music
- "Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good plays, good company, good conversation – what are they? They are the happiest people in the world."― William Lyon Phelps
- "Music is the pleasure the human mind experiences from counting without being aware that it is counting."― Gottfried Leibniz
- "Pop music is aspirin and the blues are vitamins."― Peter Tork