More From Alan Shepard
- "It’s a very sobering feeling to be up in space and realize that one’s safety factor was determined by the lowest bidder on a government contract."
- "Of course, in our grade school, in those days, there were no organized sports at all. We just went out and ran around the school yard for recess."
- "We worked with the engineers in the design and construction and testing phases in those various areas, then we would get back together at the end of the week and brief each other as to what had gone on."
More In Attitude
- "The purely agitational attitude is not good enough for a detailed consideration of a subject."― Jawaharlal Nehru
- "The attitude that nature is chaotic and that the artist puts order into it is a very absurd point of view, I think. All that we can hope for is to put some order into ourselves."― Willem de Kooning
- "Once a food becomes off-limits, then it takes on this whole other personality. ‘Forbidden’ is more tempting. And it becomes something evil, but food is food. It’s there to nourish your body."― Valerie Bertinelli