More From Alan Shepard
- "Later, in the early teens, I used to ride my bike every Saturday morning to the nearest airport, ten miles away, push airplanes in and out of the hangars, and clean up the hangars."
- "I didn’t mind studying. Obviously math and the physical science subjects interested me more than some of the more artistic subjects, but I think I was a pretty good student."
- "I’d like to say I was smart enough to finish six grades in five years, but I think perhaps the teacher was just glad to get rid of me."
More In Attitude
- "The money is in a different league these days, of course, but I have special memories of the 60s and 70s which players today don’t have. There wasn’t the same celebrity attitude and media exposure. We had a bit more freedom."― Peter Shilton
- "The tree of liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."― Lyn Nofziger
- "I really felt like I finally made it. Having your first fake pregnancy rumor. It was really awesome. I feel like it’s part of what happens in this business, but that’s a real one. That’s a cool one to get."― Lea Michele