More From Alan Alda
- "I find myself going to places where I really have no business, speaking to these people in a whole other field that I have no extensive knowledge of. But I do it very often because it scares me."
- "I’m most at home on the stage. I was carried onstage for the first time when I was six months old."
- "I’m an angry person, angrier than most people would imagine, I get flashes of anger. What works for me is working out when it’s useful to use that anger."
More In Money
- "In modern society, where most people live in cities, and where both needs and wishes are absolved through the same remote agency – money – the distinction between wishes and needs has altogether vanished."― James Buchan
- "You know, if you look back in the 1930s, the money went to infrastructure. The bridges, the municipal buildings, the roads, those were all built with stimulus money spent on infrastructure. This stimulus bill has fundamentally gone, started out with a $500 rebate check, remember. That went to buy flat-screen TVs made in China."― Michael Bloomberg
- "The truth was you can’t continue to spend the kind of money our spending on all these entitlement programs. I think we need more people in public life who are willing to say, no, we can’t afford certain things. No, we can’t do certain things."― Chris Christie