More From Al Sharpton
- "My ordination in the Church of God in Christ was at age 9, and I later became a Baptist minister, which I am today."
- "I was raised by a single mother who made a way for me. She used to scrub floors as a domestic worker, put a cleaning rag in her pocketbook and ride the subways in Brooklyn so I would have food on the table. But she taught me as I walked her to the subway that life is about not where you start, but where you’re going. That’s family values."
- "If Charlton Heston can have a constitutional right carry a rifle, why can’t grandma have a constitutional right to health care?"
More In War
- "It is well known that in war, the first casualty is truth – that during any war truth is forsaken for propaganda."― Harry Browne
- "One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others."― Lewis Carroll
- "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."― Barry Goldwater