More From Akhenaton
- "Those who gave thee a body, furnished it with weakness; but He who gave thee Soul, armed thee with resolution. Employ it, and thou art wise; be wise and thou art happy."
- "True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often, and changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth all things but his own ignorance."
- "Indulge not thyself in the passion of anger; it is whetting a sword to wound thine own breast, or murder thy friend."
More In Wisdom
- "And I pray thee, loving Jesus, that as Thou hast graciously given me to drink in with delight the words of Thy knowledge, so Thou wouldst mercifully grant me to attain one day to Thee, the fountain of all wisdom and to appear forever before Thy face."― Venerable Bede
- "I have tried at every point to seek God’s wisdom on the decisions I made, and I made it my business to speak up on behalf of the things God tells us are important to Him."― Jesse Helms
- "Irony is the gaiety of reflection and the joy of wisdom."― Anatole France