More From Ai Weiwei
- "If we all say the same thing, then I think the government has to listen. But because no one is saying it, I become singled out, even though what I’m saying is common sense. It’s very essential values that we all have to protect. But in Chinese society, people are giving up on protecting these values."
- "To the media, I have become a symbolic figure, critical of China. According to the government, I am a dangerous threat."
- "The American experience influenced my understanding of individuality, basic human rights, freedom of expression and the rights and responsibilities of citizens."
More In Education
- "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence."― Robert Frost
- "My hope was that organizations would start including this range of skills in their training programs – in other words, offer an adult education in social and emotional intelligence."― Daniel Goleman
- "I would support a devolution of power out of Washington for education, health care, transportation."― Jim DeMint