More From Ai Weiwei
- "If we all say the same thing, then I think the government has to listen. But because no one is saying it, I become singled out, even though what I’m saying is common sense. It’s very essential values that we all have to protect. But in Chinese society, people are giving up on protecting these values."
- "When you have strict censorship of the internet, young students cannot receive a full education. Their view of the world is imbalanced. There can be no true discussion of the issues."
- "The Chinese art world does not exist. In a society that restricts individual freedoms and violates human rights, anything that calls itself creative or independent is a pretence. It is impossible for a totalitarian society to create anything with passion and imagination."
More In Movies
- "Bond is the longest-running franchise ever and there’s a reason for that: they are action movies but they are also touched by current events without being political or too serious."― Javier Bardem
- "I’ve had such a great track record in making a huge profit when the movies are smaller."― Harvey Weinstein
- "I’m fighting the label of “Black” actress simply because it’s very limiting in people’s eyes, especially people who are making movies."― Whoopi Goldberg