More From Agnes Smedley
- "My mother listened to all the news from the camp during the strike. She said little, especially when my father or the men who worked for him were about I remember her instinctive and unhesitating sympathy for the miners."
- "Much that we read of Russia is imagination and desire only."
- "Like all my family and class, I considered it a sign of weakness to show affection; to have been caught kissing my mother would have been a disgrace, and to have shown affection for my father would have been a disaster."
More In Strength
- "He is greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own."― Henry Ward Beecher
- "You have to get along with people, but you also have to recognize that the strength of a team is different people with different perspectives and different personalities."― Steve Case
- "An American, a Negro… two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."― W. E. B. Du Bois