More From Agnes Smedley
- "My mother listened to all the news from the camp during the strike. She said little, especially when my father or the men who worked for him were about I remember her instinctive and unhesitating sympathy for the miners."
- "Like all my family and class, I considered it a sign of weakness to show affection; to have been caught kissing my mother would have been a disgrace, and to have shown affection for my father would have been a disaster."
- "And the woman who could win the respect of man was often the woman who could knock him down with her bare fists and sit on him until he yelled for help."
More In Imagination
- "Love is based on imagination."― Olivier Martinez
- "Everything, I think, about acting is based on imagination."― Christina Ricci
- "Wherever you write is supposed to be a little bit of a refuge, a place where you can get away from the world. The more closed in you are, the more you’re forced back on your own imagination."― Stephen King