More From Agnes Repplier
- "It is as impossible to withhold education from the receptive mind, as it is impossible to force it upon the unreasoning."
- "A kitten is chiefly remarkable for rushing about like mad at nothing whatever, and generally stopping before it gets there."
- "Humor distorts nothing, and only false gods are laughed off their earthly pedestals."
More In Happiness
- "To describe happiness is to diminish it."― Stendhal
- "For the poison of hatred seated near the heart doubles the burden for the one who suffers the disease; he is burdened with his own sorrow, and groans on seeing another’s happiness."― Aeschylus
- "The happiness which is lacking makes one think even the happiness one has unbearable."― Joseph Roux