More From Adrian Mitchell
- "I use rock and jazz and blues rhythms because I love that music. I hope my poetry has a relationship with good-time rock’n roll."
- "Stadium rock and commercial rock are the opposite of what poetry needs. An audience of around 200 is ideal for poetry."
- "Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people."
More In Poetry
- "However, if a poem can be reduced to a prose sentence, there can’t be much to it."― James Schuyler
- "A lyric, it is true, is the expression of personal emotion, but then so is all poetry, and to suppose that there are several kinds of poetry, differing from each other in essence, is to be deceived by wholly artificial divisions which have no real being."― John Drinkwater
- "The world is full of poetry. The air is living with its spirit; and the waves dance to the music of its melodies, and sparkle in its brightness."― James Gates Percival