More From Adrian Mitchell
- "Stadium rock and commercial rock are the opposite of what poetry needs. An audience of around 200 is ideal for poetry."
- "I use rock and jazz and blues rhythms because I love that music. I hope my poetry has a relationship with good-time rock’n roll."
- "Written poetry is different. Best thing is to see it in performance first, then read it. Performance is more provocative."
More In Poetry
- "A lot of people think, ‘I’ll give acting or poetry or filmmaking a try. And if it doesn’t work out I’ll go get a law degree, do something else that’s more practical.’ For me I went the reverse way. I lived the back-up plan."― Brit Marling
- "Once every five hundred years or so, a summary statement about poetry comes along that we can’t imagine ourselves living without."― A. R. Ammons
- "I find a lot of poetry to be narcissistic."― Joni Mitchell