More From Adolf Loos
- "Does it follow that the house has nothing in common with art and is architecture not to be included in the arts? Only a very small part of architecture belongs to art: the tomb and the monument. Everything else that fulfils a function is to be excluded from the domain of art."
- "Architecture arouses sentiments in man. The architect’s task therefore, is to make those sentiments more precise."
- "The work of art shows people new directions and thinks of the future. The house thinks of the present."
More In Nature
- "Your art kind of changes as you get older, by nature of the fact that you’re hopefully gaining wisdom and you’re starting to watch things with a better overview."― Sheryl Crow
- "What is called an acute knowledge of human nature is mostly nothing but the observer’s own weaknesses reflected back from others."― Georg C. Lichtenberg
- "In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous."― Aristotle