More From Adolf Loos
- "The house has to please everyone, contrary to the work of art which does not. The work is a private matter for the artist. The house is not."
- "Architecture arouses sentiments in man. The architect’s task therefore, is to make those sentiments more precise."
- "Does it follow that the house has nothing in common with art and is architecture not to be included in the arts? Only a very small part of architecture belongs to art: the tomb and the monument. Everything else that fulfils a function is to be excluded from the domain of art."
More In Nature
- "England has always been disinclined to accept human nature."― E. M. Forster
- "Everyone can identify with a fragrant garden, with beauty of sunset, with the quiet of nature, with a warm and cozy cottage."― Thomas Kincade
- "I’m concentrating on staying healthy, having peace, being happy, remembering what is important, taking in nature and animals, spending time reading, trying to understand the universe, where science and the spiritual meet."― Joan Jett