More From Adlai E. Stevenson
- "After four years at the United Nations I sometimes yearn for the peace and tranquility of a political convention."
- "Change is inevitable. Change for the better is a full-time job."
- "The idea that you can merchandise candidates for high office like breakfast cereal – that you can gather votes like box tops – is, I think, the ultimate indignity to the democratic process."
More In Beauty
- "A liberal is a man or a woman or a child who looks forward to a better day, a more tranquil night, and a bright, infinite future."― Leonard Bernstein
- "Beauty and the Beast seemed like it all was really brown. The whole thing was just so brown and orange and yellow, like Burger King or something. I don’t think I would have liked Beauty and the Beast at any age."― Mike Judge
- "Ever since I was young I loved making things and being part of the design process."― Maria Sharapova