More From Adam Smith
- "As soon as the land of any country has all become private property, the landlords, like all other men, love to reap where they never sowed, and demand a rent even for its natural produce."
- "Labour was the first price, the original purchase – money that was paid for all things. It was not by gold or by silver, but by labour, that all wealth of the world was originally purchased."
- "Science is the great antidote to the poison of enthusiasm and superstition."
More In Peace
- "I developed a nutty attitude where I’d think, If some guy really loves me he doesn’t care if I’m fat. I’d come up with all these stupid reasons why it would be OK to be fat."― Kirstie Alley
- "Peace is not the product of a victory or a command. It has no finishing line, no final deadline, no fixed definition of achievement. Peace is a never-ending process, the work of many decisions."― Oscar Hammerstein II
- "I know that if the peace movement takes its message boldly to the Negro people a powerful force can be secured in pursuit of the greatest goal of all mankind. And the same is true of labor and the great democratic sections of our population."― Paul Robeson