More From Abraham Joshua Heschel
- "Man’s sin is in his failure to live what he is. Being the master of the earth, man forgets that he is the servant of God."
- "God is not a hypothesis derived from logical assumptions, but an immediate insight, self-evident as light. He is not something to be sought in the darkness with the light of reason. He is the light."
- "A religious man is a person who holds God and man in one thought at one time, at all times, who suffers harm done to others, whose greatest passion is compassion, whose greatest strength is love and defiance of despair."
More In Respect
- "We never really felt a real level of respect. The fame was fantastic, but that wasn’t that important to me, because for every million people that loved me I focused on the one that hated me."― Donnie Wahlberg
- "Other times you can get showy for three minutes, and that’s OK with certain films. But that isn’t right with an Ang Lee movie, you have to fit right in. You have to understand Ang, respect him and be part of the team and not be in charge of it – he is in charge of it."― Dennis Muren
- "To get down to the quick of it, respect motivates me – not success."― Hugh Jackman