More From Abdul Kalam
- "Science is global. Einstein’s equation, E=mc2, has to reach everywhere. Science is a beautiful gift to humanity, we should not distort it. Science does not differentiate between multiple races."
- "Why are we, as a nation so obsessed with foreign things? Is it a legacy of our colonial years? We want foreign television sets. We want foreign shirts. We want foreign technology. Why this obsession with everything imported?"
- "English is necessary as at present original works of science are in English. I believe that in two decades times original works of science will start coming out in our languages. Then we can move over like the Japanese."
More In Life
- "There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."― Leon Trotsky
- "A person will sometimes devote all his life to the development of one part of his body – the wishbone."― Robert Frost
- "Don’t be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment."― Ralph Waldo Emerson