More From Abdul Kalam
- "Science is global. Einstein’s equation, E=mc2, has to reach everywhere. Science is a beautiful gift to humanity, we should not distort it. Science does not differentiate between multiple races."
- "Tell me, why is the media here so negative? Why are we in India so embarrassed to recognise our own strengths, our achievements? We are such a great nation. We have so many amazing success stories but we refuse to acknowledge them. Why?"
- "I was willing to accept what I couldn’t change."
More In Respect
- "Often people display a curious respect for a man drunk, rather like the respect of simple races for the insane… There is something awe-inspiring in one who has lost all inhibitions."― F. Scott Fitzgerald
- "We’ve become much more casual and much more relaxed in social interactions, where there was a formality and maybe a kind of respect at that time that doesn’t exist now."― Radha Mitchell
- "I just want the same thing Joe Montana got when he was MVP. He got respect. He got commercials. He got everything."― Jerry Rice