More From Abbie Hoffman
- "You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- "The ’60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great."
- "Become an internationalist and learn to respect all life. Make war on machines. And in particular the sterile machines of corporate death and the robots that guard them."
More In Society
- "Our modern society – especially in the West, and especially now – reveres youth."― Clint Eastwood
- "I was very restless. I really wanted to be a part of a kind of a progressive society. I was fed up with these Communist doctrines and you were hassled all the time with members of the Party committee who were KGB, what you have to do, where in the West you can go or not to go."― Mikhail Baryshnikov
- "Society is at odds with itself."― Clint Eastwood