More From Abbie Hoffman
- "The ’60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great."
- "You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists."
- "Understand that legal and illegal are political, and often arbitrary, categorizations; use and abuse are medical, or clinical, distinctions."
More In Society
- "Similarly, gender-equality, supremacy of law, political participation, civil society, and transparency are among the indispensable elements that are the imperatives of democratization."― Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- "Don’t be afraid to feel as angry or as loving as you can, because when you feel nothing, it’s just death."― Lena Horne
- "I can imagine no society which does not embody some method of arbitration."― Herbert Read