More From A. N. Wilson
- "The Royal Family are not like you and me. They live in houses so big that you can walk round all day and never need to meet your spouse. The Queen and Prince Philip have never shared a bedroom in their lives. They don’t even have breakfast together."
- "Brain power improves by brain use, just as our bodily strength grows with exercise. And there is no doubt that a large proportion of the female population, from school days to late middle age, now have very complicated lives indeed."
- "When Christians start thinking about Jesus, things start breaking down, they lose their faith. It’s perfectly possible to go to church every Sunday and not ask any questions, just because you like it as a way of life. They fear that if they ask questions they’ll lose their Christ, the very linchpin of their religion."
More In Hope
- "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "To not be self-conscious of your appearance is huge, and something that I desperately hope to carry into film at some point in my useless life – to not be thinking, ‘My ear looks weird from this angle, why is the camera over there?’"― Anna Kendrick
- "I certainly hope I’m not still answering child-star questions by the time I reach menopause."― Christina Ricci