More From A. N. Wilson
- "The latest research has revealed that women have a higher IQ than men."
- "In the 18th century, James Hargreaves invented the Spinning Jenny, and Richard Arkwright pioneered the water-propelled spinning frame which led to the mass production of cotton. This was truly revolutionary. The cotton manufacturers created a whole new class of people – the urban proletariat. The structure of society itself would never be the same."
- "I had lost faith in biography."
More In Hope
- "The only thing I hope I did was never put in question my love for the game, or my passion to be counted on when it mattered most."― Curt Schilling
- "To Live signifies to believe and hope – to lie and to lie to oneself."― Emile M. Cioran
- "For the first few years we lived in a tiny rented cottage at the bottom of a friend’s garden. We often joked that there was plenty of film in the fridge, but not too much food!"― Nigel Dennis