More From A. N. Wilson
- "In the 18th century, James Hargreaves invented the Spinning Jenny, and Richard Arkwright pioneered the water-propelled spinning frame which led to the mass production of cotton. This was truly revolutionary. The cotton manufacturers created a whole new class of people – the urban proletariat. The structure of society itself would never be the same."
- "The approach of death certainly concentrates the mind."
- "I do not find it easy to articulate thoughts about religion. I remain the sort of person who turns off ‘Thought for the Day’ when it comes on the radio."
More In Faith
- "We need international support so that our people live a life of normality, of dignity, of liberty and freedom. I hope that our cry for freedom may be heard."― Mahmoud Abbas
- "I urge the Iraqi leadership for sake of its own people… to seize this opportunity and thereby begin to end the isolation and suffering of the Iraqi people."― Kofi Annan
- "Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase."― Martin Luther King, Jr.