More From A. N. Wilson
- "I very much dislike the intolerance and moralism of many Christians, and feel more sympathy with Honest Doubters than with them."
- "The Royal Family are not like you and me. They live in houses so big that you can walk round all day and never need to meet your spouse. The Queen and Prince Philip have never shared a bedroom in their lives. They don’t even have breakfast together."
- "In the 18th century, James Hargreaves invented the Spinning Jenny, and Richard Arkwright pioneered the water-propelled spinning frame which led to the mass production of cotton. This was truly revolutionary. The cotton manufacturers created a whole new class of people – the urban proletariat. The structure of society itself would never be the same."
More In Faith
- "Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you."― Saint Augustine
- "All faith consists essentially in the recognition of a world of spiritual values behind, yet not apart from, the world of natural phenomena."― Dean Inge
- "Today a new faith is stirring: the myth of blood, the faith that along with blood we are defending the divine nature of man as a whole."― Alfred Rosenberg