More From A. N. Wilson
- "Brain power improves by brain use, just as our bodily strength grows with exercise. And there is no doubt that a large proportion of the female population, from school days to late middle age, now have very complicated lives indeed."
- "If you read about Mussolini or Stalin or some of these other great monsters of history, they were at it all the time, that they were getting up in the morning very early. They were physically very active. They didn’t eat lunch."
- "When Christians start thinking about Jesus, things start breaking down, they lose their faith. It’s perfectly possible to go to church every Sunday and not ask any questions, just because you like it as a way of life. They fear that if they ask questions they’ll lose their Christ, the very linchpin of their religion."
More In Faith
- "Faith is love taking the form of aspiration."― William Ellery Channing
- "I would not attack the faith of a heathen without being sure I had a better one to put in its place."― Harriet Beecher Stowe
- "I have learned that track doesn’t define me. My faith defines me. I’m running because I have been blessed with a gift."― Allyson Felix